Test System Design Engineer
Test System Design Engineer will design and develop test solutions to functionally test or design verification test a range of Benetel RF and Baseband solutions as well as custom designs for our clients. The work includes the full product lifecycle from specification through development to verification test and onto high volume production.
Example test activities include identification of product test cases and documentation of same, architecture of the test system to execute all test cases, automation of the test software, repeatability and reliability testing, training and deployment internally or externally.
The role encompasses working on leading edge dedicated SOC processors to implement 3G/4G small cell base stations, including some early work on 5G systems. The established team and product platform base provide an environment to enhance and develop skills and capabilities.
The role is based in Benetel head office in Dublin, Ireland. Seniority of the role will depend on the candidates’ relevant experience.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Educational and Experience Requirements
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Batchelor’s Degree in Electronics / Software Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
Candidates are expected to have demonstrated proficiency in many of the following areas:
- National Instrument LabVIEW and TestStand
- Python programming experience
- Embedded Systems peripheral test development
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development
- Familiarity with a range of processor architectures (e.g. ARM v7, Cortex A9, PowerPC, x86)
- Familiarity with the principles of networking and network protocols (e.g. FTP, SCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP)
Additional skills that would be an asset:
- LTE Radio Test experience
- Linux kernel development and device drivers
- C / µController / FPGA programming experience
- Familiarity with web-development languages such as PHP, Perl