RF Design Engineer/ Senior RF Design Engineer(Dublin or Gdynia)
Benetel is fast becoming a key provider of LTE wireless modules to major players in the Private Mobile market. Our leading-edge modules are used by our clients in their Cellular Base Stations, predominantly small cells. Our highly skilled multi-disciplinary team are experts in Wireless Standards, Embedded Software, DSP, RF Design, Digital, Mechanical and Test System design.
Our internal capabilities cover all phases of product development from System Architecture, Design, and Conformance Testing to Automated Test Systems to support high volume product manufacturing. Our innovative product development approach has contributed several world firsts in low-power and cellular small cell product development. We work closely with major semiconductor and software companies and are committed to delivering the very latest technology products to our global customer base.
The RF Design Engineer will be responsible for definition and architecture of leading edge board level RF front-end systems for our current and future small cell applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall definition of small cell RF front-end requirements and implementation where performance, power, size and cost are key. The role spans the full development life-cycle through specification, design, documentation, implementation, debug and test.
The established team working environment provides an opportunity to develop and grow skills and expertise in small cell base-station hardware development for leading edge wireless technologies.
The role of RF Design Engineer/ Senior RF Design Engineer can be based in Benetel’s head office in Dublin, Ireland, or in the new design office in Tricity Metropolitan Area, Poland, depending on the successful candidate’s preferences.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Educational and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience within wireless industry is required. Position and salary highly dependent on experience.
It is expected that candidates will have demonstrated some or all of the following competencies.
- 5+ years of experience in RF design at both system and board level circuit design and development of wireless systems.
- RF technical expertise in board level system and circuit analysis and design including TX and RX chain line-ups and complete RF front-end design.
- Ability to supervise schematic capture and layout design process for complex Mixed-RF PCBs
- Knowledge of WCDMA and LTE radio standards.
- Ability to debug complex RF failures.
- Know-how of complex board level RF system design and product development cycle.
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team is a must.
- Fluent English skills (technical, spoken and written)
- Experience with leading edge RF Transceiver SoCs.
- Knowledge of both LDMOS and GaN Doherty Power Amplifiers design and development for modern radio telecommunication systems with DPD and APD.
- Active collaboration with multidisciplinary team on architecture of small cell radio front-end products and subsystems.
- Leading the design of new LTE small-cell front-end systems development.
- Analysing and producing the technical requirements and specifications and recommending design modifications for existing products improvements.
- Active involvement in wide range of activities including RF circuits and systems simulation and design, schematics capture, PCB layout supervision, product bring-up and debugging and Device Verification Test.
- Preliminary compliance testing: EMC, FCC, RFI; system integration (SW, BB, HW) and supporting thermal management and mechanical design of radio base station
- Provide mechanical, test and conformance departments with technical support.
- Debugging of RF performance in TX and RX chains.
- PCB Stack-up definition for RF and Mixed-Signal PCB designs.
- Hands on experience in EDA software for electronic circuits and systems simulations (ADS, LTspice)
- Previous experience in mixed signal (high-speed and RF) PCB design software (Altium Designer) will be a plus