Hardware Design Engineer/ Senior Hardware Design Engineer
The Hardware Design Engineer/ Senior Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for the definition and architecture of leading edge baseband processor systems for our current and future small cell applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall definition of baseband processor hardware platform requirements and implementation where performance, power and cost are key.
The role spans the full development life-cycle through specification, design, documentation, implementation, debug and test.
The established team working environment provides an opportunity to develop and grow skills and expertise in embedded system hardware development for leading edge wireless technologies.
The role of Hardware Design Engineer/ Senior Hardware Design Engineer may be based in Benetel’s head office in Dublin, Ireland, or in the new design office in Tricity Metropolitan Area, Poland, depending on the successful candidate’s preferences.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Educational and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience is required. Position and salary highly dependent on experience.
It is expected that candidates will have demonstrated some or all of the following competencies.
- 5+ years of experience on board level design and development (high speed digital circuits, analogue, power supply, Microcontroller and/or FPGA implementation and design).
- Active collaboration with multidisciplinary team on architecture and design within digital design expertise. Provide inputs to architecture and design reviews.
- Work with internal and external partners to bring reference designs to production.
- Expertise in timing budget, noise margin, crosstalk, signal skew, signal loss and signal integrity of all clocks and critical high speed data signals.
- Strong processor and memory subsystem digital and analogue design skills.
- Clock source and distribution design with proven ability in PLL design and programming.
- PSU including Switch Mode Power Supply and PoE design.
- Experience with designing CPU complex, using ARM, DDR3 and similar memory technologies.
- Multi-gigabit interface knowledge and design (Ethernet, SGMII, RGMII, PCI).
- PCB Stack-up definition for High-Speed and Mixed-Signal PCB designs.
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team is a must.
- Fluent English skills (technical, spoken and written).
- C programming and MCU firmware development experience.
- Hardware descriptor languages as VHDL and experience in FPGA firmware development.
- Familiarity of highly integrated SoC processors for Small Cell applications would be an advantage.
- Experience with schematic capture and pcb layout tools.
- Expertise in simulation tools (Spice, ADS, Matlab).
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to identify root cause and resolve problems and issues during board bring-up.