Benetel continues to increase the quantity of printed circuit board assemblies that the company delivers to leading clients around the world. The Production Manager is a senior, operational role that handles all aspects of the external production of the Benetel product, ensuring they are manufactured and delivered effectively and efficiently. This role will include management responsibility for manufacturing output, supply chain, new product introduction and manufacturing facilities.
The job holder will be expected to deputize for the Operations Director as and when required. As Benetel increases in size, the role and responsibilities of the Production Manager are likely to increase and further develop. The role manages 2 employees.
Reports to: Operations Director
Key Interfaces: Suppliers, Design & Test Teams, R&D, Management & Finance
- Oversee the production process and schedule to deliver products and projects on-time, in-budget and to-specification;
- Drive efficiencies in all aspects of the operation;
- Create and deliver manufacturing plan to budget, including cost estimation of human and material resources;
- Manage the existing contract manufacturing engagements, the Benetel test facility and staff;
- Planning and coordinating manufacturing test and test equipment usage;
- Monitor product standards and production processes, implementing quality-control programs and process improvements;
- Support, maintenance and development of ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System;
- Work closely with management to implement the company’s policies and goals;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supply chain management (including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management, packaging & shipping);
- Experience of manufacturing engineering (including M&I flow, Standard Operations, waste elimination, budgets and costings and engineering change control);
- Experience of quality management and delivering customer requirements;
- Strong problem solving skills (containment & counter-measure);
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate and interface with a multidisciplinary team including marketing and sales staff;
- Broad engineering technical skills and knowledge of implementation across a wide range of industries;
- Ability to drive improvements in quality, processes and cost management;
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing in a low volume environment.
- Experience of implementation of manufacturing functionality of ERP/MRP systems.
Experience of manufacture of electronic and telecommunication products would be a strong asset.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org