PCB CAD Engineer/ Senior PCB CAD Engineer
The PCB CAD Engineer/ Senior PCB CAD Engineer will be responsible for performing PCB layouts on new designs and redesigns, starting with a schematic or an existing design and ending in a high-quality and reproducible CAD package. Secondary duties will include library management and development, mechanical CAD support, PCB stack-up definition and Signal and Power Integrity Analysis. This role requires working in multi-disciplinary and multi-site team consisting of hardware, software and mechanical engineers.
The established team working environment provides an opportunity to develop and grow skills and expertise in small cell base-station hardware development for leading edge wireless technologies.
The role of PCB CAD Engineer/ Senior PCB CAD Engineer will be based in Benetel’s design office in Tricity Metropolitan Area Poland.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Educational and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience within wireless industry is required. Position and salary highly dependent on experience.
It is expected that candidates will have demonstrated some or all of the following competencies.
- 5+ years of experience in schematic capture and PCB layout (preferable Altium Designer).
- Extensive layout experience with mixed-signal (RF, High-Speed, Power), multi-layer boards with high density BGA packages and high-speed buses.
- Experience with digital, analog, switch mode power supply and RF design layout techniques.
- In-depth understanding of impedance control and transmission line theory and practice.
- Experience with HDI/uvia design rules, PCB Stack-up structures, panelization and IPC standards.
- Design experience from concept to product.
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team is a must.
- Fluent English skills (technical, spoken and written)
- Experience with leading edge Processors and RF Transceiver SoCs for 3G/4G Small Cell applications.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout from concept to product.
- Creating fabrication package and various documentation of board release PCB and Assembly packages.
- PCB Stack-up definition for RF and Mixed-Signal PCB designs.
- Managing component libraries in a revision control system.
- Keeping up to date on latest PCB material, layer construction, manufacturing guidelines, IPC standards and implementing into design as applicable.
- Working closely with internal design teams in RF, baseband and mechanical design
- Active collaboration with multidisciplinary team on architecture of small cell radio front-end products and subsystems. Working closely with internal design teams in RF, baseband and mechanical design.